Sunday, June 4, 2017

On the other side of a long sleep.

June 4, 2017
Day 247

I am thankful for my home. For these walls that have housed us for many years. For these walls that have protected my babies from wind and rain and cold. I am thankful for the memories we have made here. I am thankful for the good times that we've spent here. I'm thankful for the hard times. I'm thankful that it was surrounded by these walls that we became a family. I'm thankful that there was much love here. There still is. I will miss this home when we move away from it.

I am thankful for my family. I am thankful that we like to get together on Sundays.

I am thankful for fresh basil. What an amazing smell.

I am thankful for sleepy Higbee. He helps me sleep better at night just be being his sleepy, cuddly, furry self.

I am thankful for flowers blooming in our front garden.

I am thankful for spiders.

I am thankful for this: I feel like a huge failure as a parent sometimes. But whenever I'm feeling that feeling of failure, one of my children will say something brilliant that makes me forget that feeling of failure. And instead of that feeling of failure, I feel a sense of pride that I am raising such a fine human being. This exact situation happened to me today.

I am thankful for the way the sunlight looks when it comes through the windows.

I am thankful for the way my babes look at me when I tuck them into bed. Kissing my sweet ones goodnight is one of my favorite things to do. Their eyes are so big and innocent and sleepy at night. I love the way they cuddle with me while we say our goodnight prayers.

I am thankful that tomorrow is a brand new day. I love fresh, new days. I love that there is always a new day waiting just on the other side of a long sleep.

Thankful. 


No comments:

Post a Comment