Sunday, October 8, 2017

Rainy Day in my Soul.

October 8, 2017
Day 373

     I love rainy days. I love them because they are peaceful and cozy and cleansing and fresh. They are a good kind of quiet. They are a good kind of wet. They provide water for all the trees and plants and flowers and for the animals. They make me thankful to sit on the couch and be still. They urge me to be comfortable and find a good book to read. They beckon me to dig out my over-sized sweatpants. The ones with all the holes. They make me feel like a fish that has just been put back into the water after the few harrowing minutes of untangling the line and removing the hook. Rain is a blessing and rainy days are something to be treasured.


     I was out of water for a long time.

     I was gasping for breath.

     I felt myself slipping into madness.

     I couldn't hold on.

     Then God sent the rain.

     It's a forever peaceful, rainy day in my soul.

   
     When I say that I'm thankful, let me very clear about one thing: It is my God that I am thanking when I say that I am thankful. Without Him, there is nothing but dry deserts and fear and death for me. When I focus my eyes on Him, I see a gentle rain. I feel a cool breeze on my skin. I see nothing but pink and red and purple and blue and yellow and orange sunsets. I see beautiful things. I find that there are way more things to be thankful for than there are things to want or be upset by. There is good in every day. There are birds. There are trees. There are butterflies. There is the warm sun and the cool breeze. There is dewy grass to walk through in the morning while you gaze at a brand new sky with brand new pink clouds. There are blue eyes and green eyes and brown eyes. There are such things as hugs and kisses and cuddles. There are possibilities. There are new adventures awaiting. There is no such thing as the same old. There is the hint of something magnificent just around the corner. That's the feeling I get. I'm on the verge of something great. I'm witnessing miracles and there will be more to come.

     These rainy days in my soul have been peaceful and lovely and beautiful and quiet and still, and I'm thankful to God for giving them to me. I'm thankful that when I was lost, He found me. He rescued me. He delivered me from all my fears.

     I am thankful. 

   

   

No comments:

Post a Comment