Tuesday, October 17, 2017

That's a comforting feeling.

October 17, 2017
Day 382

I like to wake my kids up in the morning. They are so cute and sleepy when they first wake up, and I take great pleasure in waking them on the weekdays since they wake me on the weekends.

I saw two squirrels playing chase this afternoon. There is so much bad, there are so many heavy things, but then there are afternoons when you catch two squirrels playing a game of chase, and you remember that there is good going on every day. Even if we don't see it. There are, somewhere in the world, right now, more squirrels playing chase. And that's a comforting feeling.

Recess was simply glorious today. It was cool and crisp outside, but it was warm in the sun. I love that kind of weather; cool and warm at the same time.

Adelyn called me her lighthouse yesterday.

We put a candle on Tobin's leftover birthday cake yesterday, and he used his wish to pray that my throat wouldn't be scratchy anymore.

Tobin brought his fox to school today. It makes me happy that my boy is still young enough to bring a stuffed animal to school.

I'm currently in bed with my love and our dog. It's a good night.

Thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment