Sunday, October 22, 2017

This space and this time.

October 22, 2017
Day 382

     Today was a lovely Sunday. It was blue sky and red leaves and warm and sunny and cool all at the same time. We went to church. We relaxed. I made a big pot of chicken noodle soup for the week. We went to Patty's house. We played outside. We had a family dinner. We played with baby Odette. We laughed. We talked. It was a full day, and it was a good day.

     Lately, I've been looking at pictures of when Adelyn and Tobin were little and it seriously makes my heart ache. It makes me a bit panicked. It makes me realize how very short a time I have with them while they are little, and it makes me realize that I need to love and relish every single minute. Even the hard ones. They're worth it.

     Thankful for my babies. Thankful for Matt. He loves us all so deeply. Thankful for our family. Thankful for my family. Thankful for Sundays. Thankful for a new week coming up. Thankful for this space and this time for writing down what I'm thankful for. If I didn't have this place for documenting things to be thankful for, I'm not sure where I'd be in life. But it wouldn't be a good place. I'm sure of that.

     Thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment