Monday, December 14, 2020

Day 1,500.

December 14, 2020
Day 1,500

     On this special day, day 1,500, I am thankful for the same things that I always thankful for, but it doesn't make them any less important. I think it makes them more imporant. If I am thankful for something often, that something must be special. I am thankful for my family, my home, Higbee, my job, the ability to get up in the morning, for food, for clothing, for Christmas coming soon.

     I am thankful for this space to write. I know that not many people read what I write, but that's okay. I write for me. And if others read what I write and like it or find some use for reading it, that's just an added bonus. I hope that one day, my children will find my words and read them. My hope is that even long after I'm gone, my children will find some obscure blog post I wrote about something random and find hope and joy from it. I hope that one day, I can be a published author. I picture myself sitting in a lovely room with the windows open to a cool breeze. I'm sitting on a cozy couch surrounded by the words of all the great authors of the past and present. I like to keep words very close by all the time. I even decorate my home with words. I imagine what it will feel like to wake in the morning, get ready, and go down to my special writing room where I write all day. I would take breaks for walking and for the making of tea.

     It takes many, many days like these 1,500 to get to the place where I could sit in a writing room and write. So, I am thankful for these past 1,500 days. They are a part of my journey. I've learned a lot. And I'm sure this exercise will continue to teach me through the next 1,500 days. 

     Thankful for 1,500 days. Thankful for the journey. Thankful for this space. Thankful for dreams that help me form my plans for the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment