Tuesday, December 1, 2020

The Right Now.

December 1, 2020
Day 1,487

Today, I am thankful for my husband. He calms me when I'm nervous. I am thankful for friends. I am thankful for my children. I am thankful for our home and our warmly lit Christmas trees and mantle. I am thankful for rice and kale and sausage and olives. I am thankful for Higbee's soft fur and his kind eyes. I am thankful for fun days at school.

I am thankful for the good. It's there. Maybe it's only in the darkness that we have knowledge of the light. If we never knew darkness, we would never know the difference between dark and light. Good and bad. Happy and sad. If we never knew hard times or uncertain times, we would never know how wonderful it is to be living in the good times. 

I am thankful for the right now. I am thankful for the good in the right now. I am going to keep looking for the good in the right now because it's there. I'll find it if I look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment