Thursday, March 25, 2021

It's real and it's mine.

March 25, 2021
Day 1,601

     Today, I'm thankful for bluebirds singing in the forest. I'm thankful for minty green leaf sprouts on all the trees and bushes. I'm thankful for the rain and the fog and the clouds. I'm thankful for the green rocks I find in the driveway after it rains. I'm not sure why, but they're easier to find after it rains. I'm thankful for daffodils everywhere. I'm thankful for my husband. I'm thankful for his wisdom and the kindness with which he explains things to our children. I'm thankful that I can call him: husband, lover, best friend, partner, soul mate. I'm thankful that he smiles warmly at me when I come home from school. He always comes out to help me in with my bags if he hears me drive up. I'm thankful for Adelyn. I'm thankful that Matt and I were able to help her walk through a mistake today. I'm thankful that she comes and talks to me about things. I'm thankful she wants to spend time with me. I'm thankful for Tobin. I'm thankful that he's just like Matt and he loves to be silly and funny. I'm thankful for the two freckles on the side of his nose. I'm thankful for Higbee and his brown marble like eyes. I'm thankful that he's calmed down from his trip to the vet. I'm thankful he will sleep peacefully tonight because we got new allergy medication for him. I'm thankful that tomorrow is Matt's mom's birthday. I can't wait to celebrate her this weekend. We have a special surprise planned for her on Saturday. It's going to be awesome! I'm thankful for Cheyenne; we get to celebrate her birthday on Sunday. It's going to be a weekend full of family and fun and surprises and singing and cake and ice cream. What could be better than that? I'm thankful for delicious food to eat. I'm thankful that it's still March. I'm all for a long spring time. I'm thankful for this space to write about the good things. I'm thankful for the exercise in writing about the good things. Nothing has been better for me than writing about all the good and all the lovely. It's changed me. I'm forever different because of it. I have this special something to be so proud about. It's real and it's mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment