Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Today was a happy day.

March 24, 2021
Day 1,600

     Today was a happy day. I'm not sure what made it especially happier than other days, but it was. It was gray and rainy. I had a cozy outfit on. I had a simple lunch of guac on Ezekial toast, an apple, and tea. I got some extra work done because my kids had indoor recess today. Things went smoothly today. I love when things go smoothly. I went to Michael's after work with Patty to get some Easter party supplies for my students. Then I went to Wegman's for some delicious items like: fresh pesto, goat's milk feta, grass fed beef, the most delicious and garlicy red sauce, and pasta. I really like buying delicious things to cook and eat. It makes me happy. I made pasta for Matt and the kids and I had a big salad for dinner. I love really big salads. 

     Something that made me smile today was this: Adelyn and Tobin have been watching Everybody Loves Raymond with me lately. This morning, they were trying to decide which character we were all most like from that show. I said that I thought Matt was most like Ray because they are both funny people and they like to make people laugh. Adelyn and Tobin said they didn't think Matt was like Ray because Ray lies a lot to Deborah. The fact that my children recognized that Ray lies to Deborah a lot surprised me, but it didn't surprise me that they knew that Matt does not lie to me. I'm proud that Matt and I have such a strong marriage and that it's so clear and evident to our children that we are honest with each other. 

     Thankful for a happy day. Thankful for delicious food in my fridge. Thankful for the rain and the gray today. Thankful for a little extra time with Patty today. Thankful that my children know that Matt loves me and doesn't lie to me. Thankful for Matt sleeping beside me. Thankful that he doesn't get mad when I watch the same shows over and over every single night. Thankful for hot tea and a tiny bowl of blister peanuts. Thankful that tomorrow is Thursday and that the day after that is Friday and the day after that is Saturday and then Sunday. We have two birthdays to celebrate this weekend; I'm excited to see my family and celebrate. Thankful for day 1,600 of this blog project! 

No comments:

Post a Comment