Friday, March 26, 2021

The Gift.

March 26, 2021
Day 1,602

     I'm thankful every day for my husband and for my family and for our lovely house in the woods, but today I felt more thankful than ever. Coming home every day is a gift. Driving down our crunchy gravel driveway stirs something in my spirit. Seeing our trees and our home at the top of the hill brings joy to me that makes my breath catch in my chest. We've lived in our home for over three years now, but every single time I come home to it, I'm amazed that I get to live in it. I'm overwhelmed that I get to call it mine. It's like the unwrapping of a large gift. I start with the bow when I drive down the driveway. I pull at the paper at the top of the package when my husband opens the garage door and walks out to help me in with all my many bags. I open the box when I walk in the door and hear my children running up to me: "Mamaaaaaaaaa! I missed you!" 

     Today was an especially special unwrapping of the gift with an early birthday present from my husband. He got me a picture of animals that mate for life. Coyotes, gray wolves, barn owls, swans, and more, but my favorite: the red tailed hawk. We hung it up our dining room. 

     Thankful for the gift of our home. Thankful that I get to unwrap it every single time I drive up the driveway. Thankful for the gift of my husband and our children and our dog. Thankful for this lovely life. It's beautiful and I'm so thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment