Monday, September 27, 2021

A prayer of faith.

September 27, 2021
Day 1,797

     Adelyn was sick today. When I told Tobin that Adelyn would be staying home from school today, Tobin was immediately distraught. He got out of bed and mumbled to himself, "Poor Addy." Then he said to me, "Take my hands," and he prayed for his sister. It was a prayer of faith spoken by a mighty little heart. 

     I do. not. deserve. my children. They are incredible beings. I ask myself all the time what I ever did to be gifted with such love as theirs. 

     Tonight, I am thankful for: 

My children. They are my greatest gifts. 

My husband. He loves me madly. I love his face and his smile and his hands and how fiercely he loves me and our children. 

My home. 

My family. 

Food to eat. 

A place to sleep. 

Clothes to wear. 

Love.  

No comments:

Post a Comment