Sunday, July 31, 2022

Celebrating my dad's birthday.

July 31, 2022
Day 2,113

     We celebrated my dad's birthday today. It was a wonderful celebration. We had delicious food, the best cake and ice cream, and a sweet time telling my dad why we loved him. I think that is our best birthday tradition; words of love spoken to the person we are celebrating. 

     I'm thankful for my dad. He's an amazing person, and I'm so thankful we are close. I'm thankful for the gifts he has given me over the years. There is a big jar of honey he bought for me sitting on my counter right now. Every time I see it, I think of him. There is a little jar of Burt's Bee's lip balm in my make-up drawer that he gave me probably 25 years ago. I can't use it, but I'll never throw it away. There is a beautiful tattoo that resides on his arm for River; it's one of the greatest gifts he's ever given me. I feel safe knowing that he carries her with him every day. 

     I'm thankful for lots of puppies running around today. 

     I'm thankful for cake and ice cream and for the way it makes little hands and mouths messy and chocolatey. 

     I'm thankful for my mom who is constantly blessing us with whatever she can bless us with. Today, it was upgrades on vitamins I ordered, and some extras that I didn't even order. She has been buying vitamins for Tobin for months, and I'm so thankful for it. It is truly a blessing to be loved by someone who is kind, generous, and thoughtful. 

     I'm thankful for so much laughter. 

     I'm thankful for texts from Matt. I can tell when he's really missing me. He sends me multiple texts that tell me so. I'll be thankful that when he comes home tomorrow, he'll have four days off in a row. I'm thankful that he's mine and I'm his. It is good to be loved so fiercely. 

     I'm thankful for Adelyn and Tobin. They make every day worth it. I am so glad that I get to love them, take care of them, watch them grow, and call them mine. It is such an incredible blessing to have children, and I'm thankful I get to be their mama. 

     I'm thankful for the best family. 

     







     

No comments:

Post a Comment