Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Because this love exists...

November 29, 2017
Day 420

     Thankful for the peaceful still and quiet of night. Thankful for sharp, cool air to breathe in. Thankful that when Higbee and I go out at night to walk, there are no other people. Just him and me and the stars. When it's still out, I realize how much noise he makes when he's sniffing at spots on the ground.

     Thankful for hugs that I don't deserve. Thankful for this home and this life that I don't deserve. When I think about it...when I really think on things, I don't deserve any good thing. Not one of us does. But good things are given anyways because there is grace. There is mercy. There is compassion. There is a love so deep and so high and so far and so wide that exists. And because this love exists, there are good things.

     I start to think about the good things when there are too many sad things trying to crowd out the lovely and the admirable. When there are no answers, I turn to this:

     There is good. There is love. There is grace. There is mercy. There are things lovely. There are things admirable. There are miracles. There are wonders to behold.

     I am thankful.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment