Monday, November 27, 2017

The steady and constant glow.

November 27, 2017
Day 418

     Why is it that this time of year comes so quickly? It's a whirlwind while it's here, and then it's over. Is it the anticipation? The to-do list? The flashing lights and the insatiable desire to trim the tree and set the house up just so?

     My dad always hated flashing Christmas lights. I never agreed with him until recently, and now I despise them. He thinks they make Christmas seem commercialized, and I think he's right. Christmas isn't about flashing lights. The first Christmas boasted the steady and constant glow of a star.

     My hope for this Christmas is that I would ignore the flashing lights and the urge to set the house up just so. My hope is that I would let this Christmas burn bright and slow and steady and constant. Like the star over Bethlehem on the very first Christmas. I don't want to feel overwhelmed with things to do this season. I want to feel overwhelmed with joy and gratitude because Christmas means I can feel the thrill of hope.

     I'm looking forward to the steady glow of this season.
     I'm thankful for moments of clarity.
     I'm thankful for the gift of Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment