Saturday, November 4, 2017

Drop Biscuits.

November 4, 2017
Day 395

     This day was wonderful. Adelyn made us breakfast this morning. It consisted of 1/4 of banana each, one piece of cold bread from the fridge, some sunflower seeds, and water. She likes to take care of people. I feel blessed and privileged to call her my daughter. We went to Cox Farms. It was a great day for it. The kids had a blast. It was perfect weather to be out today. We got some delicious treats like ice cream cones and kettle corn. I especially loved seeing the baby cows. They have the prettiest, most gentle eyes, and the most feathery eyelashes. Tobin still asks to be held when he's tired. That always makes me happy because it makes me feel like the baby part of him is not yet gone forever. One day, it will be. We came home and rested. I actually took a nap in bed under the covers. Taking a nap in bed under the covers is a much different nap than one on the couch. I would call a nap in bed under the covers, a formal nap. We had a delicious and hearty dinner on this chilly, rainy night; homemade chicken and stars soup with drop biscuits. Drop biscuits are the informal version of regular cut and rolled biscuits, but they're my favorite. They remind me of the word, home. After dinner, we worked on puzzles. We watched shows. I had many a cup of tea with honey. And now I'm watching an old movie in bed with the sound of the falling rain as my company.

     It was a very good day. And I am thankful for it.

1 comment: