Monday, June 22, 2020

There will sunrises and sunsets.

June 22, 2020
Day 1,353

Thankful for:

Our home. It's warm and dry and cool. It's a refuge during stormy times; both thunderstorms and the storms of life.

Sitting on the couch with my babies.

Reading to them. Seeing them fall in love with book characters.

Higbee. Being able to comfort him when he's afraid.

Playing charades with Addy and Tobin.

Time to watch movies.

Time to be home.

Time to read.

Salad with sheep's milk feta cheese.

Plants growing in my window.

Plants growing outside.

Music.

The freedom to pray aloud whenever I need to.

Phone calls with my mom and my grandma.

Texts about our upcoming vacation.

The knowledge that very soon there will be sand between my toes and my fingers. There will be water all around. There will sunrises and sunsets. There will be the wide open sky. There will be smiles.

The strength and courage that can only come from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment