Friday, June 5, 2020

This was a good day.

June 5, 2020
Day 1,336

     This was a good day. 

1. I spent the morning with some other teachers driving around to visit the 5th grade graduating class this year. It was so good to see them, to talk with them, to encourage them, to pray for them, and to watch them smile when they opened the door. 

2. I went grocery shopping with my sister. I'm glad she was there. It was very crowded and hot. I've been wearing a mask to go to the store since this whole coronavirus started, but today...it felt like it was smothering me. I was on the verge of a panic episode. Just being near Patty helps me. She has a way of caring for people that makes them feel heard, validated, and cared for, but she doesn't make a big deal of it. She says things to comfort me like, "It's just because it's hot and crowded. Let's get you some water." And then when I make a big deal about drinking water with electrolytes in it, (I literally said, "I don't trust it.") she gets another bottle of water for us. 

There is never a day that goes by that I am not thankful for my sister. I wouldn't want to do life without her. 

3. I came home and we all relaxed all day long. Matt and I watched The Office on the couch while the kids played video games. It was a hot, humid, miserable afternoon so we stayed in. And it was so good to have a day like today. 

4. I'm looking forward to tomororw. I am going to take the kids on an adventure. I'm not sure where we're going or what we're doing, but I think that makes it more fun and exciting. Adventuring is one of my favorite things to do with my babies. And we're in need of adventure, water, and new things to see. 

5. Matt and I looked at pictures from our wildlife camera. I love looking at the life that happens in the forest when we're not looking. I will never tire of living in the woods. It's a grand life here among the trees and the animals. 

Very thankful for this good day. 










No comments:

Post a Comment