Thursday, August 12, 2021

Last Thursday of Summer.

August 12, 2021
Day 1,751

     It's the last Thursday of summer. We spent it inside. The whole of it. We were lazy. We watched TV. The kids played video games. I worked on organzing the library. I made sausage, rice, and salad for dinner. I drank many large mugs of tea and ate lots of little blister peanuts. Higbee slept most of the day. I never changed out of my pajamas. It was a very good day. I'm soaking up these last lazy days of summer. I start work next Monday. 

     Thankful for my beautiful babies. Thankful for spider man suits and dolls. Thankful for lots of paper strewn about our house with little drawings on them. Thankful for blue eyes and green eyes. Thankful for a fun day planned for tomorrow at a water park. Thankful for many phone conversations with my sister and my mom today. Thankful for lots of texts from Matt. Thankful for this lovely, lovely, lovely life. It's so good. And I'm very grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment