Saturday, February 25, 2017

Today was good.

February 25, 2017
Day 166

     The past few days have been hard. I've been dealing with anxiety and fear and doubt and panic. But today? Today was good. Today was smooth sailing. Today was an ice cold drink of water on the hottest day. Today was a brisk and glorious morning with puffy white clouds and the bluest sky. Today was the first day of summer vacation at the beach. Today was lying in a hammock with a cold beer, a warm sun, and a cool breeze blowing the glowing green leaves. Today was fall leaves crunching under my feet. Today was a big bowl of ice cream.

     Today was good. And I am so thankful. I'm thankful for breath in my lungs. For step in my feet. For today and for good. Thankful that for today, the today and the good were one in the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment