Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Birthday Boys.

February 28, 2017
Day 170

Today was Shane's birthday. So thankful for my brother.

Today was Casey's birthday. So thankful for my Casey boy.

We had a celebration dinner tonight. Steak and potatoes. A meal fit for two guys who love steak and potatoes. Complete with gravy. Gravy made from a roux of flour and Kerrygold butter. It was, in a word, glorious.

There was birthday cake and ice cream and candles to blow out.

There were expressions of love and adoration for the birthday boys.

It was fun to cook with my sister. We haven't cooked together in such a long time.

It was fun to see my parents and my brother and Emily on a Tuesday night. Usually, we have to wait for Sundays.

It rained today.

It was grayish this afternoon and that made me happy.

The trees look pretty at night when it rains and the light from the streetlamps shine behind them. They look like wet spider webs or veins.

I finished reading The Magician's Nephew to my students today. It was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. I love when I can see and hear my students thinking.

For nighttime.

Thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment