Thursday, July 19, 2018

It's alive.

July 19, 2018
Day 659

Tonight, I am thankful for these things:

1. A lovely day at a farm of lavender.

2. Cheeks made red by the sun.

3. Sweaty hair.

4. Lavender things to buy in a lavender shop.

5. Lavender shortbread cookies.

6. My fridge and pantry is fully stocked from a solo trip to the grocery store.

7. Dessert on the deck after dinner.

8. Early bedtime for my babies. Tobin needed me in his room tonight while he fell asleep. He fell asleep with his hand on my check. I love my sweet son.

9. Fresh cookie bars.

10. Fresh banana bread. I threw in a handful of pecans and handful of chocolate chips. We'll see how it turns out. I mean, banana bread isn't exactly healthy. It's made with a full cup of sugar. If there's already sugar in it, I might as well add some chocolate.

11. Plans to go to the lake tomorrow and then to have my dear friend and her family over for dinner.

12. Nights when everyone is sleeping except me. I love being awake and having the quiet house all to myself.

13. A clean kitchen.

14. Video chats with my sister. I know it's 2018, but I didn't know this was a thing I could do with my phone. So, I was pretty excited.

15. Quiet nights in the forest. I love the forest. It's alive and when you live in it, you can feel it.


No comments:

Post a Comment