Monday, July 9, 2018

We smelled many things made of lavender.

June 9, 2018
Day 649

Tonight, I am thankful for these things:

1. For mugs filled with hot tea. The tea is peppermint and tarragon. I always add a generous drop of honey.

2. I am thankful for blank pages on which to write things down. Things that are important. Things that are not so important. Things that one should remember. I am thankful for words. I have always loved writing. My dream is to be a poet, a singer, a writer of beautiful words. My dream is that one day, I will happen upon a little corner bookstore, and I will wander in and see my book sitting on a shelf. With my name and my words.

3. I am thankful that I can dream dreams. I can be someone I wasn't before. It is possible. I can do things I've never done. I can make every day what I want to make it.

4. I am thankful that when I write, I can be raw and real. I can write it like it is. I can say the things that are in my head than need to come out. My mind is jumbled when I don't write.

5. I am thankful for a fun day with my babes and my sister and her babes. We went swimming. We went to two farms. We smelled many things made of lavender.

6. The forest was so lovely today. The sky was so blue, and the sunlight was so bright. I love the way the sun looks in the forest.

7. I am thankful that I had this day with air in my lungs and step in my feet and a beat in my heart. This day was a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment