Friday, August 7, 2020

Matt's Birthday.

 August 7, 2020

Day 1,399


     Today was Matt's birthday. It was a lovely day. He came home from work in the morning, so he slept in for a while. When he woke up, I made sausage and french toast for breakfast. We spent the day relaxing and enjoying each other's company. One of Matt's birthday gifts from his mom were lanterns for our front porch and uplighting for our trees, so we spent some time setting those lights up. We love to make our home beautiful. For dinner, I made fried chicken and mashed potatoes. I made a chocolate chip cheesecake for dessert. Everything was delicious. We got him cornhole as a gift because he loves to play games. The kids gave him cards, and I gave him a love letter. 

     Thankful for Matt. Thankful for a lovely day with him. Thankful that we get to celebrate him some more this Sunday. Thankful for how much he loves me and our babies. Thankful for the way his eyes smile when he smiles. Thankful for the color of his eyes, and the shape of his hands. Thankful for everything about my sweet, sweet husband. God knew I needed him. He's one of my greatest gifts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment