Tuesday, August 18, 2020

The Sanderson Motel

August 18, 2020

Day 1,410


     Today was a good day. It was my second day back to work for this new school year. I almost have my classroom ready to go. I went to lunch with Patty and Heidi. We got MOD pizza. It was delicious. It was good to have time to talk and eat lunch together. We had tacos for dinner. I love tacos on Tuesday nights. We had leftover birthday cake for dessert. Matt helped me clean the kitchen. I spent some time cleaning the house. Adelyn and Tobin got dressed up and turned our house into a hotel. They welcomed their guest, my mom, into the house by meeting her in the driveway. Tobin was holding a little fox lantern and wearing a tux. Adelyn was wearing a black flowered dress and a little black shrug. They carried my mom's bags in. They had a door number on the door to Tobin's room: 51. They gave her a set of keys. There was a chocolate on the pillow. There was a towel, a washcloth, and hand towel folded neatly on the bed. There was a plate with a cookie on it. I was the "maid," so I was asked to bring up a cup of tea for the guest. It's always fun to see my babies be imaginative. 

     Thankful for many good things in this day. I don't deserve so many. 







No comments:

Post a Comment