Saturday, August 1, 2020

Time spent with the people I love the most.

August 1, 2020
Day  1,393

     This morning, we had to leave the house at 6:45 am with the kids and Higbee because we got a new roof today. We spent the morning and afternoon at Steph and Mario's house hanging out. We had a lovely day. We had Chick-fil-a for breakfast and watched two Harry Potter movies. Then Mario made us a delicious lunch of tacos and rice. It was really fun and sweet to watch Higbee and Maggie together. They made a cute little pair. The kids are super into Harry Potter right now, so they have been finding sticks outside to use as wands. Today, Steph and Mario surprised them with real wands from Olivander's at Universal Studios. The kids were so happy. It was a glorious, lazy, happy Saturday. Thankful for Steph, Mario, and Matt's mom. Thankful for laughter and lazy Saturdays. Thankful for fresh tomatos and green beans from Mario's garden. Thankful for time spent with the people I love the most.

     Today is my dad's birthday. My dad takes care of people when they need taking care of, even when it's not a member of his family. Even when it's a total stranger. He is passionate about the ones he loves. Family is everything to him. Time spent together with family is everything to him. He lives for Sunday family dinners. Even when it's total chaos and there are kids and dogs running around everywhere...he is an advocate for family time. I think it's him who taught me that ordinary days matter most. Almost anyone can remember Christmases and Easters and birthdays. Not everyone can remember the ordinary days. The ordinary Sundays. The coming together. The highs and lows. The ups and downs. The good and the bad. Through thick and thin, my family sticks together. I think it's my dad that keeps us glued. I'm thankful for my dad. He loves me and my family. He's kind. He's generous. He's funny. He loves to love. He loves to help. Today was the day we celebrated him. With pizza and salad and cake and ice cream. And loud singing. And words of love. It was a good day. Thankful for time spent with the people I love the most.


No comments:

Post a Comment