Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Seven surprises.

August 11, 2020

Day 1,403


     Today was full of surprises: 

1. After work, I got to drive over and visit with Patty, Armando, Casey, Sophia, Odette, Susan, Lukas, and Liam because Matt, Adelyn, and Tobin were over there swimming. There was delicious pizza for dinner and good conversation and kids playing. 

2. I had a great phone converation with Stephanie today. It's always good to talk with my sister. 

3. We went over to see Matt's mom, Steph, and Mario this evening. We had ice cream and laughs and talks on the deck. The kids picked tomatoes from the garden, and got new face maks from Matt's mom. "Made with love," she said as she handed them to the kids. 

4. I don't have to work again until next Monday. 

5. We are going to do putt-putt golf tomorrow before all the rain comes. 

6. I got an important paper signed that I need for work. 

7. I got two emails that made me happy. One from a former student informing me of a movie coming out about a book I read to them. It makes me so happy that those stories stick with them. The other email was from the parent of a new student. She thanked me for my patience and enthusiasm. She said she's very happy that her son is in my class this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment