Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Moments like these.

June 9, 2021
Day 1,687

     This day was wonderful. Adelyn and I spent the afternoon and evening together shopping and talking and laughing. We got a cute dress and some shoes and a necklace for her graduations tomorrow. We got sandwiches from Panera and ate them in the car. We listened to music. We went to McKay's used books so I could get end of the year gifts for my kids. We got milkshakes. We marveled at the pink sunset. It was a grand time. But the best part of it was this: 

     Adelyn: "I hope when I grow up, I have a daughter."

     Me: "Why's that?"

     Adelyn: "So I can have moments like these with her."

     My heart melted. Tomorrow, my baby is graduating from 5th grade. This August, she'll be 11. That means in 7 years, she'll be 18. It's going so fast it hurts. 

     Thankful for Adelyn. Thankful for the miracle that is her life and the blue of her eyes and her beauty. Thankful that she is mine. Thankful that we got to spend some time together today. I always look forward to mother/daughter dates. Thankful for Matt who came and picked up Tobin. Thankful for time to sleep. Thankful that this week is almost over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment