Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Dinner date. Moment.

October 11, 2022
Day 2,185

Date with Tobin: 
 
Tobin and I went on a dinner date tonight to Chipotle. We had a very nice, quiet dinner outside sitting in the late afternoon sunshine. While we ate, we watched little sparrows and fed them bits of crumbs from our plates. I love to watch Tobin watch animals. He has such a tender heart towards all creatures. I'm thankful that I get to call Tobin my son. He makes me proud every day. 






Moment with Adelyn: 

Adelyn was gone for most of the day today. We all left the house at 7:15. Tobin and I let to go pick her up around 6, and we all didn't come home again until 8:00. It was a long day. Adelyn went up right away to get a shower. When she came down, she told me that she really missed me today. She said she kept thinking over and over, "I miss my mom." Adelyn makes me proud every day. She is full of beauty and courage. I can't believe God chose me to be her mother. 




Thankful for: 

A dinner date with my boy. 

Sparrows eating crumbs. 

Late afternoon sun. 

Mexican food. 

The color of Tobin's eyes. 

Seeing Adelyn's smile after a long day of not seeing it. 

Hugs from my girl. 

I was missed today and Adelyn told me so. It is good to be loved, needed, and missed. 

Adelyn got to go to bed early. I'm glad for her. 

Lunches prepped and ready to go. Tobin has Panera for lunch tomorrow. 

A huge flock of birds chirping and making noise that landed in the treetop where the sun was still hitting it in the early evening glow of sunset. Higbee and I watched thousands of birds fly over our backyard. It was magical to watch. 

A good day today. 

Love texts from Matt. Matt will be home tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment