Monday, October 10, 2022

The real me.

October 10, 2022
Day 2,184

     It was a good day. We spent it mostly at home relaxing and getting some things done around the house. Tobin and I went out early this morning to get bagels from Panera and some chocolate chips for baking some cookies. We all watched The Rings of Power. It was a really good episode. We had homemade pizza for dinner. We watched The Lord of the Rings movies. We did laundry. Matt and I took Higbee on a walk. 

     Humble days are the best days. There isn't anything particularly grand or noteworthy going on. It's just an ordinary day, but I think that because ordinary days make up the majority of our days, they make us who we are. So, if our ordinary days are spent smiling, laughing, hugging, relaxing together, working on our home together, and loving each other, it means that we are actually people who spend our lives smiling, laughing, hugging, relaxing together, working on our home together, and loving each other. That's a comforting thought. We are not the rush-rush-rush, go-go-go version of ourselves. That's just how we behave under pressure. The real us, the real version, the real deal...that is the us that we are on all of our humble, ordinary days. 

     I like the real me. I'm thankful I got to see her today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment