Thursday, October 13, 2022

Wildflowers.

October 13, 2022
Day 2,187

     As I was driving home today, I noticed some really pretty wildflowers growing along the side of the road. There were yellow flowers, purple flowers, and white flowers. There was tan-green grass blowing and bending in the wind. All along the side of the road on my way home today, I could find wildflowers every couple of minutes of so. 

     I thought about this when I saw them: 

     Try as I might to keep weeds, unwanted grass, wildflowers, clover, and any other plant life from growing where I don't want it to go, I can't. Even if I am able to keep unwanted grass from growing, I am still left over with an ugly bit of twisty roots where I pulled the grass out. If I am not left with that, I'm left with just dirt. 

     But if you just let nature do its thing, if you just give up and let go, and let the wildflowers grow where they want to grow, the result is much better than if you'd tried to pull out the tiny green shoots growing. Wildflowers are a reminder to stop holding on so tightly. They are reminder to just let go a bit. I think a wild, untamed garden is the very best kind. It is the truest to nature. 

Thankful for: 

Reminders to let go. 

Reminders to let the wildflowers grow where they want to grow. With the right amount of water, sun, and air, they will grow. 

Reminders to let my children be wild and free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment