Sunday, October 9, 2022

Fun Fall Day. Perspective.

October 9, 2022
Day 2,183

     We went to a farm today with some friends. It was a lovely day. The sun was warm, and the breeze was cool. It was the perfect fall day. The kids were able to play and have fun together. Today, I had Patty's kids with me. Adelyn and Casey are in 7th grade. Tobin and Phia are in 4th grade. Odette is in kindergarten. This exact day, six years ago, in 2016, we went to a farm. I was looking back at pictures from that day this morning. Adelyn, Casey, Tobin, and Phia were so young. Odette wasn't even born yet. Six years from now, in 2028, Adelyn and Casey will be 18. Tobin and Phia will be 16. Odette will be 11. 

     I don't have that much time left at home with my babies. I want to be more careful with it. I want to be more careful with my love. I want to spend my extra minutes during the day talking with them and making them loved, special, and important. I want to stop rushing around and being busy with my body and busy with my thoughts.

     Today, I am thankful for beautiful colors of hair blowing in the wind. I am thankful for the very blue sky with tiny puffs of white clouds dotting it. Thankful for time with friends. Thankful for a beautiful drive through the country. I'm thankful that Matt is home tomorrow. Thankful for time with family tonight. Thankful for a delicious dinner. Thankful for time that I get to sleep all night. Thankful for a new day tomorrow. It's a new day that I can pour all of what's good in me into being a good wife, mother, aunt, friend, sister, and friend. 

     Thankful for perspective. Thankful for clarity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment