Sunday, September 7, 2014

Giving Money. Becca. Lazy Sundays are good for popcorn picnics.

Project 365 * 4
Day 613

52 Kind Things

     My sister and I gave money to a homeless woman the other day. Whenever I see a homeless person, I'm reminded of a verse from the Bible. "For I was hungry and you gave me food. I was thirsty and you gave me drink. I was a stranger, and you took me in." I don't want to be the kind of person that just looks the other way. It doesn't matter how they ended up homeless. It doesn't matter if they take my money and buy cigarettes with it. All that matters is that when I have a choice to make, help, or do nothing, I want to make the right choice every time. Even if all I can give is small change. Small change might mean a great deal to someone who is very hungry.

52 People I Love

     I got to spend the night last night with a sweet friend. We had a grand time talking and dancing at a wedding. Becca is beyond friendly. Beyond out-going. She's the life of the party. When she's around, you know you're in for an adventure. You know there are fun times ahead. She becomes friends with everyone she meets. The thing I love the most about Becca is her kind heart. She's super friendly, but she's always such a kind, good friend. She asks questions. She cares what's going on in a person's life. She remembers what people tell her. She's not the kind of person that listens and forgets. She listens and remembers. I love that about her. Thankful I got to spend some time with her last night. Thankful I get to call her, my friend.

    
     Thankful for a lazy Sunday at home with my babies. Thankful for popcorn picnics in the living room. Popcorn that has been popped in a pot on the stove in coconut oil. And then drizzled with Kerrygold butter. I'm just a tiny bit obsessed with Kerrygold butter. I know that sounds very Paula Dean of me, but I don't care. If you don't like butter, you're just strange. And a little sad. Thankful for a day to be with my babies. Thankful for a glorious sunset tonight. Fall and winter sunsets are the absolute best. Thankful that my house smells like fall. I've been boiling mulling spices on the stove all day. It made our day that much more cozy. I love days filled with lots of cozy.






No comments:

Post a Comment