Sunday, September 21, 2014

Vanilla Milk. Megan. Sundays are the best days for naps.

Project 365 * 4
Day 626

52 Kind Things

     I had to go to three stores this morning with my kids. Trader Joe's. Toys R Us. And Wegman's. It was a busy morning, and by the time we got to Wegman's, my little ones were done. I can't blame them. I was done too. Every time we go to Wegman's, my kids point to the drink section near the front of the store. They want a vanilla milk. It's our little tradition...we go shopping at Wegman's, they get a vanilla milk. This morning, as I was opening up two cold vanilla milks, Addy says to me, "Mama, you're so nice to buy us vanilla milk!" Kids notice kind things.

52 People I Love

     I've been thinking about my friend, Megan, this week. We met a little over four years ago when I was pregnant with Addy, and she was pregnant with her first son, Robby. Matt and I had just moved into our new house, and a few weeks later, Megan and her husband moved in a couple doors down. We were friends right away. We had a lot in common to begin with. New house. New baby on the way. Over the years, our friendship grew. And our kids became friends. She was my, "can I borrow a cup of sugar," neighbor. I had always wanted one of those. They've moved away now, but whenever I walk past her old house, I still miss her. I miss chatting on breezy evenings. Or watching as our kids ran around the neighborhood in diapers. The thing I love most about Megan is that she is so easy to talk to. She's the kind of friend you could sit and talk with for hours. She is also one of the most thoughtful people I've ever met. She sends Halloween cards. Thanksgiving cards. Christmas cards. Birthday cards. She buys gifts for the kids. I'll never forget a few years ago, she knocked on my door with a birthday gift for me. A beautiful picture frame. She's just always thinking of others. I'm so thankful to call Megan my friend.



     Sundays are the absolute best days for napping. For some reason, naps just feel best when they're done on a Sunday afternoon. It was a great Sunday. Despite the fact that I'm not feeling too hot. I knew I'd be getting sick sooner or later. Little kid germs are no joke. I watched Sophia while Patty, AJ, and Casey had a special date. The kids were getting a little antsy, so we went out to our hill for a bit. It was beautiful out. Breezy. The sun was setting. I love our hill. So do the kids. We could sit there for hours. My parents came over later with dinner and dessert. It was lovely. I love seeing the kids run up to my parents screaming, "Omi! Opa!" It's the best kind of happiness and joy. Thankful for a wonderful Sunday. Thankful for naps. Thankful for family. I so love my family. Thankful for Sunday dinner and dessert. Thankful for refresh tea with honey. It feels so good on a sore throat. Thankful that it's bedtime. My most favorite time of day. And I'm not ashamed to say it.




No comments:

Post a Comment