Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Today was a gift.

Project 365 * 4
Day 622

     My boy is recovering from pneumonia quite nicely. He's still not 100%, but he's no longer contagious. Which meant that Patty and Sophia could spend the day with us. Oh. How I miss the days where it was just me and Patty and our babies. Spending every morning, afternoon, nap time, and often, even the evenings together. Going back to work has been quite the adjustment for me and my kids and my husband. But it has also been quite the adjustment for me and my sister. So, today was truly a gift. Just us. And our babies. Hanging out. Sipping Americanos. Walking around in the cool air. Seeing what we could see. Collecting leaves. Spying on cats and squirrels. It was lovely. And I wish I could do it over again.

     Thankful for time with my boy, my niece, and my sister today. Thankful for red leaves. Thankful for cool air. Thankful for little gifts in the form of sick days.











Mama Squirrel. 


No comments:

Post a Comment