Monday, September 15, 2014

Pneumonia.

Project 365 * 4
Day 621

     I knew something was really wrong last night. Tobin was crying in the night, and when I went to tend to him, his breathing was very rapid. His little heart was racing. And his rib cage felt like someone was blowing bubbles inside of him. My sweet boy has pneumonia. When Matt called to tell me, I felt my head start spinning. I don't do well with illnesses. And it used to be because I was afraid I would catch it myself. Now, I would gladly get sick with pneumonia if it meant my kids wouldn't get it.

     Today, I'm thankful for so many people who love me and Tobin and my family. I'm thankful for my sister. She invited Adelyn over for a sleepover so I could give Tobin the care and attention he needs while he's sick. And so that we could give the antibiotics 24 hours to work their magic. After 24 hours, he's no longer contagious. I'm thankful for my eight little second grade students. They prayed for Tobin today. A boy they've never met. And they made him, "Get Well," cards. So many sweet cards with cute pictures. Hearts. Bears. Flowers. I'm thankful that Matt was able to stay home today and take care of our boy. And even though I was a super bitch when I got home from work today, he loved me anyways. He smiled at me anyways. He hugged and kissed me anyways. And he helped me clean up the kitchen. Sometimes, I am literally just blown away at the amount of love and good in my life. It just keeps getting bigger and stronger.

     I'm thankful for so much love. I'm thankful that Tobin is already perking up with only two doses of antibiotics. And he's sleeping much more comfortably tonight. I'm thankful for my new school. And eight sweet students to call mine for an entire year. There is so much to love about each one of them. I'm thankful for my husband. That man will love me forever. I'm thankful for my sister. She never ceases to amaze me. I'd be lost without her love. Sisterhood is one of the greatest gifts I've ever been given in my life. Thankful that I get to be home Wednesday with my sweet boy. Just like old times. With a side of pneumonia.

I had to sneak over and get some shots of the sleepover in action. 




No comments:

Post a Comment