Sunday, September 14, 2014

Steven. Friday Treat. A Glorious Sunday.

Project 365 * 4
Day 620

52 People I Love

     I've been thinking about my cousin, Steven, this week. I miss him. I hate that there is so much time between visits. Every time I see him, I'm always amazed at him. He is an incredible artist. I mean, incredible. And yet, he is so humble. To a fault, even. It's kind of like he doesn't even realize what an amazing talent he has. Steven is one of the sweetest, most gentle guys I've ever met. Whenever we get together, I love to just sit and talk with him. He's so interesting. And we actually have a lot in common. In particular, we have both dealt with anxiety issues in our lives. I hope he doesn't mind me sharing this here. I only share that fact because I've learned, over the many years of dealing with crippling anxiety, we aren't weak. We aren't less of a person because of it. On the contrary, we are strong. I think, we are among the strongest people that walk the earth. Why? Because it's scary as hell to deal with anxiety every second of every minute of every hour of every day. It's exhausting. But we press on. I love Steven because whenever I would talk about my anxieties, he would never judge me. He would listen. I love Steven because his smile is amazing. I love Steven because he is an incredible person, and I'm proud and honored to call him my cousin.

52 Kind Things

     This week, I made cookie bars and brought them in for all the teachers at my new school. I thought everyone could use a little Friday treat. Friday treats are always a good thing. Especially for tired teachers.


     Today, I am thankful for the absolutely glorious weather. I mean, it is so beautiful out. I wanted to swim in the blue sky. I wanted to take a drink of that amazingly crisp, cool air. I love the smell of dry leaves. I love the crunching sound they make underfoot. I love the way the trees look in September. They look so pleased to have the cool air blowing their branches. Thankful for gorgeous Sunday.







No comments:

Post a Comment