Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Klondikes.

Project 365 * 4
Day 615

     My parents and Shane came over tonight and brought Klondikes for dessert. Adelyn and Tobin were so happy to see them. It's the little things. Like Klondike bars. Or my parents and Shane coming out to visit on a random Tuesday night. Little things can turn an ordinary day into a special event. I love the little things. They matter the most, I think. Everyone can remember the big things. Everyone can remember big events. But, it's the little things that we treasure the most when we think back over our lives. Those little special things that we cradle in our hearts. We take them out when the days are hard. Or when we're down or low. We take them out, and we examine them. We go back over the details. And we find comfort, peace, and the feeling of home in those details.

     Thankful for little things. Thankful for Klondike bars. Thankful for time to visit. Thankful for my amazing parents who, as of today, have been married for 36 years. I'm in awe of them. And I'm so proud to call them my parents. Thankful for my brother. I'm always so happy to see him. Thankful for a good Tuesday.





No comments:

Post a Comment