Sunday, September 28, 2014

Opening doors. Jeremy. AJ's birthday.

Project 365 * 4
Day 633

52 Kind Things

     The other day, I was at the store, and a guy was walking towards the door with a tray full of hot coffee in one hand and a cane in the other. So, I went and opened the door for him. Opening a door for someone is the smallest of small kind gestures. I know. But small kind gestures are still kind gestures. And when it comes to doing kind things for others, I think what's most important is the gesture itself. I don't have the means or the time to go around doing grand kind gestures for everyone I meet. And I don't think I'm alone there. But if everyone did something as simple as holding a door for a stranger, the world might be a little bit brighter. It's about caring for others. Taking a few seconds to show another human being a bit of good.

52 People I Love

     Jeremy Springer. He's a distant relative that I've met once or twice. I don't know much about Jeremy except that he is exceptionally kind and good. And that he loves family. He likes to call on holidays and birthdays to wish us well. He likes to post pictures on my wall of beautiful sunsets. Just to brighten my day. He knows how much I love a good sunset. He likes to look at pictures of my kids. He's been following their lives since the day they were born. He loves to read my blog. Which makes me so very happy. I'm happy that anyone at all takes the time to read what I write. There are two things that are very important to me in my life. Words and time. The fact that he takes the time to read my words means the world to me. He's told me that he loves my blog. And that makes me beam with pride. I know there are people out there who hate what I write. I will not be everyone's favorite. And I'm okay with that. Because I write for me. But when I hear that someone has read what I've written, and enjoyed it, it makes my day. I'm thankful for Jeremy. I'm thankful to know him. And I'm thankful for his kind heart. He brings so much joy to those around him. And that's a special gift.


     We celebrated AJ's birthday tonight. It was a fun night filled with family, laughter, good food, and loudly screaming children. Followed by even louder screaming after they filled their stomachs with birthday cake and ice cream. But it was a good night. And I'll take my loud, screaming family over silence any day. I'm thankful for AJ. The older brother I never had. He's an amazing man, and I'm blessed to call him my family. Thankful for a wonderful Sunday.












1 comment:

  1. You caught many emotions in those photos. Good, happy, joyful emotions!

    ReplyDelete