Monday, May 25, 2020

Black beginning.

May 25, 2020
Day 1,325

     This was a good day. I spent this morning fighting with Matt. Crying and telling my truths. I had to go grocery shopping, and when I left, Matt and I still hadn't resolved anything. It's a thirty minute drive to Wegman's. I cried the whole way there and the whole way back. When I got back home, we talked and hugged and got better. Here is why that was good: we fight because we care deeply. If we didn't care deeply, we wouldn't fight.

     We took a drive to my brother's house and had a cookout. It was a really fun time. We had good food, got to hang out with baby Oliver, and laughed a lot. Odette and I played a fun game that made us laugh so hard. We looked at flowers. We admired the scenery. We watched a deer. Shane gathered everyone together before we ate and prayed for our meal and for our family. While he was praying, I was thanking God for such a sweet moment.

     I'm thankful for a lovely day. I'm thankful for family. For prayers said before meals. For Adelyn and Tobin. For Casey, Phia, and Odette. For my mom and dad. For Shane and Cheyenne. For Ryker and Oliver. For new homes. For mountains and rivers and wildflowers. For rocks and roses. For paper plates and ice cream. This day was one of those days that starts off feeling horrible, but it ends up being wonderful. It reminds me of this quote by Katherine Applegate: "I like colorful tales with black beginnings, stormy middles, and cloudless blue-sky endings."

     Thankful for this day that started off black, had a very stormy middle, and a cloudless blue-sky ending in the mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment