Friday, May 29, 2020

Good hasn't disappeared.

May 29, 2020
Day 1,329

     "Lord, make me an instrument of your peace."

I have been saying those words over and over again. When the world is loud, I retreat inwards. I try to focus on what I can do. I can love. I can be thankful. I can say kind words. I can take care of my children. I can take care of my dog. I can be quiet. I can create a peaceful and orderly home for my family to live in.

I can choose to focus on that which is good and lovely and peaceful and beautiful.

And that is what I will do. Minute after minute. Day after day. Month after month. Year after year.

I will choose to see the good. And when I can't see it easily, I will go out looking for it. It's there. Sometimes, it's hidden just as the sun is hidden behind storm clouds.

Good hasn't disappeared. Storms are just hiding it. But it's there. It's always there.

Thankful for good.

Thankful for prayers of peace.

Thankful for storm clouds. They prompt us to search for the sun.

Thankful for light.

Thankful for love.

No comments:

Post a Comment