Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Toasted bits of garlic, onion, rye, and sesame seeds.

May 12, 2020
Day 1,312

Thankful for: 

talks with my grandma. 

talks with Matt's grandma. 

talks with Patty. 

texts with Matt. 

a cool, beautiful, glorious day. 

puffy white clouds. 

cool air. 

hot tea. 

homemade soup with way too much garlic, but it's okay because garlic is the best. 

my fingers smelling of garlic. 

my lavender difusing necklace smelling of lavender and garlic. 

bagels with butter. 

toasted bits of garlic, onion, rye, and sesame seeds. 

this space on which to write the things that make me happy. 

the smell of Higbee. 

the white of my children's teeth. 

the blue of Adelyn's eyes. 

the green of Tobin's eyes. 

sitting in our freshly painted living room just admiring the pretty walls; I never thought I could appreciate a wall so much. 

windows. 

the smell of our home. 

the feel of the floor under my feet; I love the way certain boards crack when you walk over them. 

crunchy gravel. 

time to ride a bike. I rode my new bike in the back yard with the kids today, and it was great fun!

a quiet day; we didn't even walk down the driveway. 

my students. 

home; the word, the place, the feeling, the smell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment