Thursday, May 21, 2020

They make everything full.

May 21, 2020
Day 1,321

     Today, I had a thought while I was washing the dishes: I miss bathing my babies. It has been so long since I had to bathe them, it makes my heart ache. I wish I could go back in time just for one day and look at their baby faces once more. I wish I could go back and hold them and rock them to sleep in a rocker. I read this somewhere...I'm not sure where it was or who said it: "One time your parents put your down and never picked you back up again." That's a sad thought. It's easy to be sad when you're missing sweet days.

     But now, we're here. And here is a very fine place to be as well. Ten years from now, I'll look back on these days and miss them.

     Lesson learned: each minute I get to spend with my loves is a minute well spent indeed.

     Thankful for two lovely souls named Adelyn and Tobin. They make life worth living. They make everything full. Full of happy. Full of joy. Full of laughter. Full of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment