Saturday, May 30, 2020

Resolve.

May 30, 2020
Day 1,330

I wish I had something eloquent to say. I wish I could say that today was lovely. That I was the best mother and did lots of fun things with my children. That I cleaned my house. That I exercised. That I did the things I should have been doing. But I didn't.

I mostly wasted time laying around.

I accomplished some things. I cleaned and organized three rooms: Adelyn's, Tobin's, and the playroom.

I made breakfast, lunch, and dinner for my kids.

I fed Higbee and took him out.

I watered my plants.

I listened to music.

I talked to my family and my friends.

But there is so much more I could have done and didn't.

Matt texted and told me he is currently in Manassas, VA. There are riots there.

It's funny how something like the threat of danger makes you realize in one instant all the things you did wrong with a day.

I didn't soak up every minute of Adelyn and Tobin.

I didn't soak up every minute of being home.

I didn't text my husband enough.

I didn't think about him enough.

I didn't pray for his safety.

I didn't tell him that I loved him today.



Here is what I'm thankful for: resolve.

I know what I have to do to make tomorrow different than today.

And tomorrow, I will do it.




No comments:

Post a Comment