Sunday, May 24, 2020

Peace Prayer

May 24, 2020
Day 1,324

Thankful for these things today:

Holding hands with Matt when we're in the middle of a fight. It means, we'll always be okay and I love you.

Matt's words: "We'll always be okay." He loves me forever. I have no doubt of that.

A drizzly morning.

Getting coffee with Armando this morning. A decaf double tall one pump hazelnut whole milk latte was what I needed this morning.

Armando made brisket for us all today.

Shane, Cheyenne, Ryker, and Oliver came over today. I got to hold baby Oliver a lot. It was a sweet day.

A clean house; twice today.

My dad went to the store three times for us all today. Just so we could have a lovely Sunday meal. It was a good Sunday.

Dirty feet.

Bare feet children running in the grass.

Higbee and I hanging out in the hammock together; that dog will try anything.

The feeling of no school tomorrow.

The feeling of summer vacation coming very soon.

Pasta salad and tea at 12:48 am.

A good phone call with Jason; I'm very thankful for our friendship.

A fresh start every morning. The day will be what I make it.

The peace prayer of St. Frances:

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace:
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy.

O divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console,
to be understood as to understand,
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment