Friday, May 22, 2020

Thankful list; Patty and plants; melancholy.

May 22, 2020
Day 1,322

     1. Thankful to be able to make someone's day with a birthday parade! Thankful for a dinner of curry chicken and rice, chickpeas, and a salad of tomato, cucumber, red onion, black olives, curly leaf parsley, and olive oil. Thankful for a giant mug of tea with honey and lemon. Thankful for an apple to share with Higbee while we lay in bed together. Thankful for rain. Thankful for mama spiders. Thankful for beautiful things. Thankful for simple pleasures. Thankful for a good Friday.

     2.  I got to spend some time with Patty today; that was so nice. We went shopping at Merrifield Garden Center and Lowe's. I got some new herbs and a tomato and cucumber plant. I'm excited to plant them tomorrow. I'm excited to mulch my rock spiral and lavender garden. I'm excited to have three days at home with Matt and the kids this weekend.

     3. I'm feeling a bit melancholy right now, but I've learned that feelings come and go. The only thing to do right now is drink tea, read a book, go to bed, and wait for the light of morning. Everything always looks brighter in the morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment