Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Mother Teresa, Martin Luther King Jr., Peace Prayer of St. Francis

May 27, 2020
Day 1,327

     I felt weighed down by the weight of the world today. I heard about three news stories, and they made me feel anxious. That is the very reason why I don't watch the news. For my own mental health and sanity, I have to stay uninformed and unaware. When I watch the news, I am reminded of all that is scary and fearsome in this world.

     I like to remember this quote by Mother Teresa, "If you want to change the world, go home and love your family." This is something I live by. Loving Adelyn and Tobin is my life's greatest calling.

     I remember this quote by Martin Luther King Jr., "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." When things are dark, turn on a light. When things are hateful, douce it with love.

     I remember this Peace Prayer of St. Francis:

"Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
And where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master, grant that I may not
so much seek to be consoled as to console,
to be understood as to understand,
to be loved as to love;
For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in the dying that we are born to eternal life."


     Sometimes, I just pray like this, "God, help." I prayed that way today.

     Thankful that tomorrow is a new day. Thankful that I can pray. Thankful that for today, we were all home together, and everyone is safe and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment