Tuesday, September 22, 2020

More things to count as blessings.

September 22, 2020

Day 1,447


     Today, I am thankful for beautiful weather. For dinner at home with my babies. For long walks through the neighborhood with my kids and my dog. I'm thankful for the many, many times that Adelyn and Tobin and Matt tell me they love me during the day. It's too many to count, but I need to hear it. Thankful for chicken. And rice with butter. Thankful for time to read to my babies at the end of the day. Thankful for time to sleep in my nice, cozy bed. Thankful that tomorrow is Wednesday and that means only two more days until the weekend. Thankful for my sister and my mom. Thankful for phone conversations on the way home from school with whoever can pick up at the time I'm driving. Sometimes, it's Matt. Other times, Patty. Other times my mom or my grandma. Thankful for our home. Thankful for our gravelly (is this a word?) driveway. Thankful for time to be quiet and not do anything but lay in bed. Thankful for sweet students. Thankful for another sucessful day in school. It wasn't perfect, but it was good. Everyone learned and everyone was safe and healthy and happy. That's a success. 


     Just thankful. I have more things to count as blessings than I do to complain about. Way more. And I'm choosing to focus on those good things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment