Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Tuesday things to be thankful for.

September 8, 2020

Day 1,433


     Today, I am thankful for my husband. I'm thankful he prays for me when I'm scared. He understands that I need him to quietly place his hand on me and pray. I understand that he doesn't like to pray out loud. I'm thankful that he takes good care of our children. I'm thankful he does dishes and laundry. I'm thankful he loves me so intensely. I'm thankful that he loves me enough to let me pick out the girliest, flounciest, curtains I could find for our home and puts them up for me the very day they arrive in the mail. Matt never makes me wait on things. He asks for hugs when I come home. He smiles when he sees me. He lets me watch old movies in bed like Pollyanna and The Parent Trap. He texts me during the day even when I forget to text him. He's a gift. 

     Today, I am thankful that my children are better. They had fevers today, but they are feeling better this evening. I'm thankful that I came home today to two very talkatve, happy children. 

     I am thankful for Adelyn. She likes to hang around and talk to me. She's a joy to know and an even greater joy to love. She's got beautiful blue eyes. She loves to laugh and smile. She's my lighthouse. Always has been. Always will be. She has saved me on many a dark and stormy night. I don't deserve her. 

     I am thankful for Tobin. He likes to play jokes on us. Like tonight...he came out when Matt and I were taking Higbee out and just stood quietly in the yard. He laughed hysterically when Matt startled and noticed him. I'm thankful for little sentences I found on his Google Classroom that he had written to his teacher. He wrote this: 

I was sike

I meant I was sick. I got a new laptop from my parents. It is awesome!


Finding little nuggets of Tobin's treasures around makes my heart beam with pride. Tobin is mine. And he is amazing. Tobin is an old soul. He is wise beyond his years. When he speaks, one should listen intently. He has good things to say. 

     Thankful that Patty got a negative result on her Covid-19 test. Thankful that her kids are starting to feel a bit better. Thankful that I get to go in early tomorrow and work on some things. 

     Thankful for a good day. God is good to me. I don't deserve such goodness or grace or love or blessings. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment