Monday, September 21, 2020

The end of this day.

September 21, 2020
Day 1,446

     Today was a Monday. It was a good day; it's just that even good days are hard at school now because of coronavirus. I don't have a break except on Mondays and Fridays. My prep work has more than doubled. My students have more than doubled. It's a lot. I'm not going to sugar coat it. I'm overwhelmed. I find myself taking many deep breaths during the day. I find myself wishing for easier days. 

     I left work promptly at 4 pm. I could stay for hours each night, but I have to think of my children, my husband, and myself. I have to think of my mental health. We came home and took a long walk through the neighborhood. It was nice and cool and it was a good time to clear my head. 

     We had homemade pizza for dinner on paper plates. I cleaned the kitchen, made lunches, and I'm going to be in bed well before 8 o'clock tonight. Even though the day was hard, I did what I needed to do. The kids were taken care of, loved, fed, and we exercised. I have to count that as a success. 

     Thankful for little sucesses. Thankful for the end of this day. Thankful for one day down until the weekend. Thankful that Matt joined us on our walk tonight even though he didn't want to. Thankful for hugs and love from my family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment