Monday, May 7, 2012

19. Acts of Courage

Day 19: Acts of Courage

     I enjoy witnessing acts of courage. I am a person that knows the value of courage. I know that what may seem like small potatoes to some may be another person's greatest monster. The thing they fear most. I respect people who chase down their greatest monster...and stomp on it. Crushing fear, courage prevailing.

     Patty is afraid of ticks. She hates ticks. One of her greatest monsters. This week, I had the pleasure of watching her face the monster.

     While playing outside with Casey and Adelyn at our favorite tree, she showed great courage. Three small little girls were also playing around the tree. (Seriously...everyone is drawn to our tree. It's amazing.) The smallest girl was talking to Patty, and she noticed she had a tick crawling on her. Patty could have sent her packing. She could have said, "Go tell your Mom or Dad." But she didn't. She got it off of her. That took courage.

     Last night, I got a text from Patty. She had a tick on her leg. A.J. is out of town. So, the options were: 1. She gets it off herself, or 2. Matt would drive over and get it off. (I hate ticks too...not good at removing them. Matt is a pro. He's had Lyme Disease, and Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever.) She chose option 1. That took courage.

     As I said...small potatoes to some. Greatest monster for Patty. Facing a great monster...that's pretty kick-ass!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment