Monday, May 14, 2012

26. A Different Kind of Adventure

Day 26: A Different Kind of Adventure

     My husband, love of my life, loves adventure. Always has. He has been living adventure since he was a child. It is no shock to me when he says he wants to swim with sharks. He wants to travel the world. He ran a marathon. He went sky-diving. He's a firefighter! There is even adventure in his profession.

     And then there's me. I do not swim in the ocean. I collect shells on the beach. I do not want to travel the world. I'm terrified to fly to Florida. I have no desire to run a marathon. No desire to jump out of a perfectly good plane. I could never be a firefighter.

     But, we work. I have always told Matt that when he married me, he had to settle for a different kind of adventure. I never realized until recently just how big our adventure together has been.

     Our family has been our greatest adventure. And we have so much more to go. We have so much more life to live. Celebrating Mother's Day this year made me realize just how blessed I am to be a Mother.

     Spending the day with my clingy, fussy girl was heaven today. And I don't mean that sarcastically. I love hearing Adelyn yell, "Mama" from her crib. I love cuddling in bed with her. I love the way her bare feet feel in my hands. I love the smell of her sweet breath. I love that she needs me. I love that she wants me to hold her all day long.

     I love that my adventure is us. I love that Matt's adventure is us, and he's not sad or the least bit disappointed that he is missing out on shark diving. I love that I can celebrate Mother's Day as a Daughter and a Mother. I love that I am living the life of my dreams, and it just keeps getting better.

     Happy "Different Kind of Adventure" Day to All.























adventure" Day to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment